21st Century Lawyer Virtual Session
How do Bars React in the #MeToo Movement Era?
Thursday, June 28,
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Eastern
(1:00 -2:00 p.m. Central; 12:00-1:00 p.m. Mountain; 11:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. Pacific)
Sexual harassment is not new, but the way we are responding to it has taken on a powerful transformation as a result of the #MeToo movement. Lawyers and bar leaders are taking the lead to not only stop sexual harassment in the workplace, but to take proactive steps to prevent it from being an issue in the first place. During this informative webinar you will receive guidance from employment and labor law attorney Kimberlee Gee of Kimberlee Gee Legal about relevant sexual harassment laws, and how lawyers and bar associations should be responding to the shift in social attitudes and calls for personal accountability that have resulted from the #MeToo movement. Participants will also hear from State Bar of Arizona Diversity and Outreach Advisor Elena Nethers about their recent “Sexual Harassment: Changing the Conversations” program, as well as Pamela Roberts from the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession on their recently released Zero Tolerance: Practices for Combating Sex-Based Harassment in the Legal Profession Toolkit.
Juan Thomas, Aurora, IL, President, National Bar Association, and Of Counsel, Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer
Kimberlee Gee, Washington, DC, Owner, Kimberlee Gee Legal
Elena Nethers, Phoenix, AZ, State Bar of Arizona Diversity and Outreach Advisor
Pamela Roberts, Columbia, SC, Past Chair, ABA Commission on Women in the Profession, and Co-Chair, Sexual Harassment and Gender-Based Bullying Committee
Simple Instructions to Participate in Upcoming Sessions:
- Register for the session here.
- Click on this link 5 minutes before a scheduled live session
- Type your name (both First and Last Name as you would like for your name to appear throughout the session) and click "Enter Room."
- You will be able to see and hear live video of the presenters, follow their PowerPoints, and interact throughout by typing your questions and comments in real time using the Chat and Type a Question pods.
- If you choose, you can even join the session with live video and audio to ask a question or make a comment. You don't need to be tech savvy to participate in a 21st Century Lawyer session. Read the users' guide for more helpful tips to fully participate!
Upcoming 2018 NCBP 21st Century Lawyer Programs:
Veterans Programs for Metro Bars
Coordination of Membership between specialty bars, local bars, and state bars
||Center for Innovation Showcase
Watch a Previous Session
Click here to watch a previously recorded session. Please note that pre-recorded sessions are only available to NCBP members.
Please note: It can take up to 60 seconds for the video to begin after clicking on the link