Monday, April 6, 2020
2:00 - 3:00 p.m. eastern time
(1:00 - 2:00 p.m. central time; 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. mountain time; 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. pacific time)
This program is free of charge but you must register to attend.
Robert Steiner, District Director, Illinois District, Office of Field Operations, with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will discuss programs available through SBA to support businesses as they navigate the economic injury disaster loan (EIDL) program. He will also share insights into additional relief under the Coronavirus Air, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act which passed on March 27, 2020, including the Paycheck Protection Loan Program (PPP), available on April 3, 2020.
Key terms of the EIDL loan:
• Up to $2M working capital loan with terms up to 30 years
• Small business and most private non-profits are eligible to apply
• 3.75% interest rate for small business and 2.75% for non-profit
• First payment deferred for 12 months
Key terms of PPP:
• Authorizes up to $349 billion in forgivable loans to small businesses to pay their employees during the COVID-19 crisis
• Loan proceeds used to cover payroll costs and most mortgage interest, rent and utility costs over the 8 week period after the loan is made
• Interest rate at 0.50%
• Loan payments deferred for 6 months
• Forgivable loan if used for payroll costs
Aurora Austriaco, President-elect, National Conference of Bar Presidents
Robert Steiner, District Director, Illinois District, Office of Field Operations, U.S. Small Business Administration
Bar Leaders Respond to COVID-19
Watch these NCBP videos to see how bar leaders are providing services to their members in this trying time.
Interview with Alabama State Bar President, April 2, 2020
Interview with Idaho State Bar President and Immediate Past President, April 2, 2020
Beverly Hills Bar Association Coronavirus Business Impact & Legal Aspects, Recession 2020, Risks & Opportunities - Malcolm McNeil
Watch a Previous Session
March 26, 2020 >> Leading in a Time of Crisis with former State Bar of Arizona CEO and Executive Director John Phelps; a joint program with the ABA Division for Bar Services
Click here to watch a previously recorded session. Please note that per-recorded sessions are only available to NCBP members.
Please note: It can take up to 60 seconds for the video to begin after clicking on the link