21st Century Lawyer Virtual Session
Artificial Intelligence and the Bar: Friend or Foe?
Thursday, September 28, 2017
2:00 p.m. Eastern, 1:00 p.m. Central; 12:00 p.m. Mountain; 11:00 a.m. Pacific
In the wake of the Apple iPhoneX announcement, we begin to ask ourselves if technology has gone too far. IBM Watson-like algorithms now support legal research, case outcome prediction and even attorney selection based on success before a specific judge. A painful awareness of a shrinking market of outside legal service opportunities cause some lawyers to holler “foul”. Is the robot lawyer revolution a myth or a reality? Join Larry Bridgesmith J.D., CEO of LegalAlignment LLC and listed as one of America’s Best Lawyers, as he examines the myths and explores the opportunities for bar associations to advance the practice of law through the strategic use of artificial intelligence as a legal assistant.
Larry Bridgesmith J.D., CEO of LegalAlignment LLC,
Jason Long, Immediate Past President, Tennessee Bar Association
|October 18, 2017
||Pillars of the Legal Community with Jayne Reardon and Bob Hirshon
|November Date TBD
||Metro Bar Issues
Simple Instructions to Participate in Upcoming Sessions:
- Register for the session here.
- Click on this link 5 minutes before a scheduled live session
- Type your name (both First and Last Name as you would like for your name to appear throughout the session) and click "Enter Room."
- You will be able to see and hear live video of the presenters, follow their PowerPoints, and interact throughout by typing your questions and comments in real time using the Chat and Type a Question pods.
- If you choose, you can even join the session with live video and audio to ask a question or make a comment. You don't need to be tech savvy to participate in a 21st Century Lawyer session. Read the users' guide for more helpful tips to fully participate!
Watch a Previous Session
Click on a previous session to watch it:
Please note: It can take up to 60 seconds for the video to begin after clicking on the link