21st Century Lawyer Virtual Session
Effective Legal Pipeline
Thursday, February 22,
1:00 p.m. Eastern, 12:00 p.m. Central; 11:00 a.m. Mountain; 10:00 a.m. Pacific
As bar associations work towards increasing diversity and
inclusion, those efforts can be enhanced by developing effective legal based
pipeline programs. Matthew Feinstein has been involved with NJ LEEP (Law
and Education Empowerment Project ) located at Seton Hall Law School from its
inception and became Executive Director in 2014. NJ LEEP is a college
access and success program serving students and families in the greater Newark
area. Its College Bound Program empowers high school students with both
the academic and social-emotional skills necessary to succeed in college and
beyond. The curriculum, implemented over four years of programming, uses
law to teach transferable skills. Monte Frank, immediate past president
of the Connecticut Bar and a member of the NCBP Executive Council and Diversity
and Inclusion Committee, will discuss NJ LEEP with Mr. Feinstein so that bar
leaders can understand what a really successful pipeline program looks like,
how it positively impacts the legal community, and the real difference it makes
in people’s lives.
Monte E. Frank, Member of Pullman & Comley LLC,Past President of the Connecticut Bar Association, and NCBP Executive Council Member
Matthew Feinstein, New Jersey Law and
Education Empowerment Project Executive Director
Simple Instructions to Participate in Upcoming Sessions:
- Register for the session here.
- Click on this link 5 minutes before a scheduled live session
- Type your name (both First and Last Name as you would like for your name to appear throughout the session) and click "Enter Room."
- You will be able to see and hear live video of the presenters, follow their PowerPoints, and interact throughout by typing your questions and comments in real time using the Chat and Type a Question pods.
- If you choose, you can even join the session with live video and audio to ask a question or make a comment. You don't need to be tech savvy to participate in a 21st Century Lawyer session. Read the users' guide for more helpful tips to fully participate!
Watch a Previous Session
Click on a previous session to watch it:
Please note: It can take up to 60 seconds for the video to begin after clicking on the link