21st Century Lawyer Virtual Session
Bars as Leaders in Troubled Times
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
3:00 p.m. Eastern
What is the role of the organized bar in addressing flashpoints in the community – public distrust, protection of rights, resolving disputes and upholding the rule of law? During this interactive session, we’ll build on the conversation begun during the 2017 NCPB Midyear Meeting, examining recent flash points and bar responses—what bars should have done, have done and can do proactively, to develop and keep trust among diverse community stakeholders. We will share lessons learned, actions taken, plans in progress and communications tools that your unified, voluntary, state and metropolitan bars need to know to improve, reform, monitor, and rebuild trust in the rule of law in 21st century America.
Dana Tippen Cutler, President, The Missouri Bar
Suntrease Williams-Maynard, Immeidate Past President, Mobile Bar Association
Christopher Baugh, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Alabama
||Pillars of the Legal Community with Jayne Reardon and Bob Hirshon
||Crisis in Law School Education
||Metro Bar Issues
Simple Instructions to Participate in Upcoming Sessions:
- Register for the session here.
- Click on this link 5 minutes before a scheduled live session
- Type your name (both First and Last Name as you would like for your name to appear throughout the session) and click "Enter Room."
- You will be able to see and hear live video of the presenters, follow their PowerPoints, and interact throughout by typing your questions and comments in real time using the Chat and Type a Question pods.
- If you choose, you can even join the session with live video and audio to ask a question or make a comment. You don't need to be tech savvy to participate in a 21st Century Lawyer session. Read the users' guide for more helpful tips to fully participate!
Watch a Previous Session
Click on a previous session to watch it:
Please note: It can take up to 60 seconds for the video to begin after clicking on the link